Meditation is a practice to train your mind (or) exercise for your brain to get relaxation and improve focus, control & awareness.
What does meditation do?
- Reduce Stress
- Controls Anxiety
- Lengthens attention span
- May reduce age-related memory loss
- Can generate kindness
- It May help fight addictions
- Improves sleep
- Helps control pain
- Can decrease blood pressure
How To Do Meditation
Meditation can be done in four ways. In all the ways training to be focused on single thoughts and avoid distraction.
1st Way of Meditation
- Choose a calm place (For Beginners, it is preferable. If you get an expert, you can do where you wish or in a noisy place too)
- Sit in a position which is comfortable for you.
- Close your eyes. If you open your eyes and do the meditation, there will be a lot of distractions. It’s not suitable for beginners.
- Then make your thinking on only one thing. Such as concentrating only on your breathing (inhale and exhale), any mantras, counting numbers, and any persons or objects. [Without any thoughts in your mind, there should be only one thinking. Initially, it’s hard. While practising this, it became easy. So start your practice with a few minutes per day.]
2nd Way of Meditation
- If you do any activity or work, make your mind focus on that current activity without getting any thoughts on your mind. (No deviation should be on past, future and surroundings. Focus on current activity only.)
- While doing any activity, there will be some thoughts that come and go on your mind. So initial notice the time and how many minutes you can able to do the activity without any thoughts or deviation.
Then start training daily to improve that noticed time.
3rd Way of Meditation
Be on your present. If you know very well about the side where you are, then you will come to know about what will be on the opposite side. This is the core of this meditation technique.
- Sit in a position which is comfortable for you (Avoid more Noisy Places to do this meditation)
- Close your eyes, forget about the past and future, and then focus only on your present surrounding sounds one by one. Make your mind flow as it wishes, on present surrounding sounds one by one.
- They open your eyes, and now you can feel that you are some focused than before.
4th Way of Meditation
- In this meditation method, you can sit or lie. (To be done in a calm environment)
- Close your eyes
- Make your body in a state of relaxation and comfort.
- Just feel any of your body parts in heat or cold.
- Then feel your body parts one by one (Such as feel your both leg fingers, then foot, then ankle, then knee, then thigh, then hip, then abdominal, breast, neck, nose and breath, later head). While doing this, you will feel some sort of vibration or feeling from foot to head one by one. When you think of each part from foot to head one by one.
Note: Best Position to Lie/sleep.
- If you are in the northern hemisphere – Keep your head in the south direction and your leg pointing in the north direction.
- If you are in the southern hemisphere – Keep your head in any direction except the south.
If you do meditation and focus on one thing, certain muscles and nerves in your brain get strengthened. So make meditation a habit to improve your life.